So, It’s been a few days since you’ve been making videos on the TikTok platform and getting a good number of views on them. But you start noticing some comments that are not relevant and you don’t know how to disable comments on your TikTok videos!
By the end of this article, you’ll know, I promise!
There could be a few cases why you want to disable comments:
- People are posting abusive and intolerant comments on your videos.
- People are scamming in your comment section. They’re either promoting their profile or doing anything similar.
- You think the criticism in your comment section is destructive and untrue.
- OR you just want to be more private.
Now, Let’s learn about how we can disable comments on TikTok videos.
- Launch your Tik-Tok app.
- Go to your Profile. This icon is present at the bottom right corner on your screen.
- From there, go to the 3-dot menu (…) which is present at the top right corner on the screen.
- Now go to the Privacy and Safety option. This will open a list of privacy and safety controls of your Tik-Tok account.
- Under Safety, you’ll see Who can post comments. Tap on that.
- Now, you’ll see three options. Click on Off.
This setting will ensure that no one is able to post any kind of comment on your video.
You can also choose the option friends if you want only your followers to comment on your videos.
Sometimes, you want to disable comments on a particular video. The Tik-Tok app also gives you this option.
How to disable comments on a particular TikTok video?
Follow the steps below when you upload a new video.
- Choose the video you want to upload.
- Now edit the video in a way you want to.
- Click on Next.
- After choosing your relevant hashtags, you’ll see comments off option.
- Turn on the toggle. This will make sure that no one comments on your video.
Conclusion: We saw in this article that the TikTok platform gives us options to safeguard our privacy and safety. We learned that we can delete comments on all of our videos or even a particular one.
How to Turn Off TikTok Notifications?
We know that getting notified about something is useful but can be so frustrating at times on our mobile phones. Mobile apps inform every little detail through these notifications.
Why do we hate notifications?
- They distract us from our work.
- The sudden flood of them freezes our device.
- You feel irritated by useless little details.
The question here is whether we can stop all TikTok notifications or not. The answer is YES and here is how to do the same.
How to disable TikTok notifications on an Android device?
There are a few easy steps by which you can stop them from disturbing you forever.
Method 1: From Tik-Tok App
- Launch your app and click on your Profile menu.
- Now tap on the 3-dot menu(…) and go under the General menu.
- You’ll see the Push notifications option.
- Here, three options will appear.
- If you turn off the Fans toggle, you won’t be notified of getting new fans. If you turn off the new likes on my video, you won’t be notified of getting new likes on your videos. The third one, new comments on my video, will stop notifying you about new comments.